Mindful Minis now offers a one day introductory workshop for groups of adults who wish to learn more about sharing mindfulness with children. This workshop is based on the Foundation Training course but is offered in a more condensed manner as a one day workshop. This training is aimed at teachers, social workers, psychologists, play therapists, art therapists, etc who want to bring mindfulness into their work with children.
Children that practise mindfulness regularly are known to:
- experience increased calm
- experience decreased
- stress and anxiety
- have increased self-awareness
- are empathetic and understanding of others
- have natural conflict resolution skills
- find skilful ways to respond to difficult emotions
- experience improved impulse control
- are better able to focus and concentrate
The training usually runs from 9am – 3:30pm on a Fri, Sat or Sun and can be arranged for a date that suits your organisation.
What you will receive:
- A manual including detailed mindfulness exercises to use in the classroom or in your therapy sessions, teaching tips, mindfulness philosophy, recommended reading list and more.
- Confidence to bring mindfulness into your classroom or professional therapy practice.
- A certificate for completing the Foundation Training (online participants will receive an email version).
Please note that this one day workshop offering is for company groups, NGOs, schools etc where 8 – 10+ people are interested in attending. A minimum of 8 participants is needed for the in-person training option (based in Cape Town) and 10 participants for the online option. People who would like to do the training in an individual capacity can rather join one of the Foundation Training programs.