Next Training Dates:
- 2 Aug 2021 – 29 Aug 2021
- 4 Oct 2021 – 31 Oct 2021
In order to apply for the Foundation Training, please complete the online application form.
This foundation course is suitable for those wanting to incorporate short mindfulness exercises into their existing child-or-teen-focused setting:
- teachers wanting to incorporate mindfulness into their classroom.
- counsellors, therapists and anyone else already working with children or teenagers in a professional capacity who would like to introduce mindfulness into the lives of the children or teenagers they work with.
- parents wanting to practise meditation and mindfulness with their children or teenagers at home.
- children’s yoga teachers wanting to bring more mindfulness into their lessons.
The course teaches the foundations of mindfulness, meditation and yoga in the context of children and teenagers, and includes practical exercises to use in a family, school or professional setting. For those wanting to register as a certified children’s mindfulness teacher, the Advanced Course is necessary.
In the Foundation Course we cover the origins of mindfulness and the science behind it. We look at the physiological effects of stress on the body and the benefits that mindfulness offers in relation to this, for both adults and children. We discuss the benefits of mindfulness in a community setting and society at large.
You learn how to develop and cultivate your own formal mindfulness practice. You learn how mindfulness is a lifestyle and way of being. We explore the concept of mindful parenting and compassionate communication, and how to incorporate mindfulness into the classroom and other teaching or therapy settings.
We focus on the breath and how to practice breath awareness. You are introduced to guided imagery and visualisation as well as other guided meditation for children and teenagers. We experiment with mindful artwork, journaling and affirmations as well as other fun and creative activities that help children and teenagers to connect with the deep calm that exists within each one of us.
Format of the training:
In this Foundation Training you will receive a detailed manual to work through in your own time. You will be invited to join in weekly catch-up sessions, as well as two 3-hour sessions on the final weekend.
What you will receive:
- An extensive manual, including detailed mindfulness exercises to use at home or in the classroom, teaching tips, mindfulness philosophy, recommended reading list and more.
- Weekly check-in sessions (optional) via Zoom.
- Support and guidance for all exercises and assignments.
- Two 3-hour online zoom meetings on the final weekend.
- Confidence to bring mindfulness into your classroom, home or professional therapy practice.
- Certificate for completing the Foundation Training.
- R1000 non-refundable deposit is required if your application is successful.
- The balance of R2500 is payable a week before the training starts.
Non-South African Residents: Paypal is the preferred method of payment for international participants. I can quote you in USD or GBP.