Next Training Dates:
- 1 Mar 2021 – 27 June 2021
- 2 Aug 2021 – 28 Nov 2021
This is a “100 level” teacher training course certified by Yoga Alliance International (YAI).
The Foundation Course must first be completed before joining this course.
Format of the training:
- 6 modules that are emailed out every 2-3 weeks over a period of 20 weeks.
- all modules have assignments that needs to be completed timeously.
- all assignments need to be submitted via email.
This 100-hour advanced course is suitable for those wishing to register with Yoga Alliance Africa ( http://yogaallianceafrica.com/), a division of Yoga Alliance International (YAI), as a certified children’s mindfulness teacher. This will enable you to offer mindfulness classes at private studios, schools or in other community settings.
If you continue with the Advanced Training Course after completing the Foundation Course, you will learn all the important aspects of structuring your own children’s mindfulness classes. You will be exposed to the different components needed to facilitate a successful children’s and teenager’s mindfulness class.
You will learn about the different learning styles of individuals and how to incorporate all of these into your classes. You will be empowered with compassionate classroom management skills to manage your classes with kindness. You will learn to write your own guided visualisations, create your own mindful movement routines and more. You will also learn about the practical aspects of setting up a business and be introduced to effective marketing techniques to help you set up classes in your community.
The Advanced Course also provides you with an introduction to the growing mindfulness network in Southern Africa and the rest of the world. You will have the opportunity to join the Mindful Minis Teacher Network where lesson ideas, new research and marketing tips are shared.
What you will receive:
- 100 hours of mentored home study and guided assignments (the first 20 hours are completed in the form of the Foundation Training).
- A detailed manual including a sample lesson plan, teaching tips, mindfulness philosophy, recommended reading list and more.
- 8 original pre-recorded guided visualisations to use with children.
- Regular email contact and scheduled Skype sessions (if required).
- In depth feedback on your assignments, including your final practical assignment where you video yourself teaching a group of children or teenagers.
- Confidence to teach your own mindfulness classes.
- Opportunity to join the Mindful Minis Teacher Network group.
- Certificate for completing the Advanced Training.
- Option to register with Yoga Alliance International as a children’s mindfulness teacher.
Non-South African Residents: Paypal is the preferred method of payment for international participants. I can quote you in USD or GBP.