Mindful Minis offers a Foundation Training course and an Advanced Training course.
These courses are for adults (aged 21 and older) who wish to learn more about guiding children in mindfulness. Both courses are accredited by Yoga Alliance International (YAI) and recognised internationally.
All training takes place at the Mindful Minis studio in Cape Town, South Africa.
To register for one of the courses, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that a Foundation Training course must be completed before registering for an Advanced Training course.
Next Available Training Dates
- 24 – 26 Jan 2020: Foundation Training
- 27 Jan 2020: Advanced Training (starts)
- 22 – 24 May 2020: Advanced Training (final weekend)
- 17 – 19 Jul 2020: Foundation Training
- 20 Jul 2020: Advanced Training (starts)
- 6 – 8 Nov 2020: Advanced Training (final weekend)
The course teaches the foundations of mindfulness, meditation and yoga in the context of children, and includes practical exercises to use in a family, school or professional setting. This 20-hour course is suitable for:
- teachers wanting to incorporate mindfulness into their classroom.
- counsellors, therapists and anyone else already working with children in a professional capacity who would like to introduce mindfulness into the lives of the children they work with.
- parents wanting to practise meditation and mindfulness with their children at home.
This 100 hour advanced course is suitable for those wishing to register with Yoga Alliance Africa, as a certified children’s mindfulness teacher. This international qualification will enable you to offer mindfulness classes at private studios, schools or in other community settings worldwide.
The 100 hours are broken down as follows:
- 20 hours in-person Foundation Training.
- 60 hours supported home study and assignments. This comprises of 5 modules that are emailed out every 3 weeks over a period of 4 months. About 10 – 12 hours is required per module to complete the associated assignments.
- 20 hours in-person Final Advanced Training weekend.
Please note that attendance is required in-person in Cape Town at the two 20-hour weekends to complete this training.