Mindful Minis offers a Foundation Training course and an Advanced Training course.
These courses are for adults (aged 21 and older) who wish to learn more about guiding children in mindfulness. Both courses are accredited by Yoga Alliance International (YAI) and recognised internationally.
Currently all courses are offered online only.
To register for one of the courses, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that a Foundation Training course must be completed before registering for an Advanced Training course.
Next Available Training Dates
- 20 Jun 2020 – 19 Jul 2020: Foundation Training
- 20 Jul 2020 – 8 Nov 2020: Advanced Training
- 17 Aug 2020 – 13 Sep 2020: Foundation Training
The course teaches the foundations of mindfulness, meditation and yoga in the context of children, and includes practical exercises to use in a family, school or professional setting. This course is suitable for:
- teachers wanting to incorporate mindfulness into their classroom.
- counsellors, therapists and anyone else already working with children in a professional capacity who would like to introduce mindfulness into the lives of the children they work with.
- parents wanting to practise meditation and mindfulness with their children at home.
Participants will be fully supported during the course via email and zoom calls. Optional weekly check-in sessions are offered via Zoom. Participants will be emailed a comprehensive training manual, including exercises and assignments to do at home. Support and guidance is offered for all assignments. The course ends with two 3-hour online sessions (meeting as a group via zoom).
This 100 hour advanced course is suitable for those wishing to register with Yoga Alliance Africa, as a certified children’s mindfulness teacher. This international qualification will enable you to offer mindfulness classes at private studios, schools or in other community settings worldwide.
This course is broken down as follows:
- the Foundation Training.
- Supported home study and assignments. This comprises of 5 modules that are emailed out every 3 weeks over a period of 4 months. About 10 – 12 hours is required per module to complete the associated assignments.
- a Final Advanced Training module. This comprises of a final module to be worked on at home as well as a weekend group session (as with the Foundation Training).